The Slovakian workers are paid with a minimum wage, but the amount is incredibly 2x higher than the amount, which they earned at home.
- Some of them are working for 12 hours per day
- LIK (slovenian company); foreign people, who works here, live in single home near this company
- Very bad conditions ; this area, where they live is very small, and besides many of this foreigners live there
- They are ready to work for a very small amount and also for a long time ( 12 hours/day)
- Because of this, they are a big competition to slovenian workers
COSTS OF WORKING per EMPLOYEE
Slovak Romanian Bolgarian
500 euro 500 euro 500 euro
Slovenian company can employed 3 foreign workers for a cost of one slovenian worker, which amount is 1600 euro. And these foreign workers are ready to work only for 500 euro per mounth.
- The slovenian companies, which employed these foreign workers are for example; LIK & IUV ( the leather industry)
- The IUV has employed 36 foreign workers in last time. They get this working relations, because there were no native workers, who wants to work for such a small amount of the mounthly wage.
- Employers of these workers, they dont checked the working circumstances, because they are not responsible for them. The agency, which has madiate this forking force, has this responsibility. But unless, in majority, nobody really cares about their rights.
So, what do you think about this? Do you think its good, that there are so many foreign working force in the native country? Which are the consequences of this immigrating workers for a native country…do you know some other cases like this one?